On Saturday March 23rd from 9:30 to 4:00, Facing Cancer Together will be offering an all day retreat a — “day away” — focused on self care and renewal for people living with cancer. The retreat is for people who are either recently diagnosed or in active treatment within the last couple of years. There is no charge for participants to this program.
In a supportive and small group setting, we will practice yoga and meditation, learn relaxation techniques and guided imagery, engage in journal writing exercises, and create a simple art project using each member’s own healing imagery. Supportive group conversation will be interspersed throughout the day.
To participate: Please send an email to the FCT clinician who is running the retreat:
Claire Willis, LICSW at: email@example.com
or call the FCT Office at: 617.322.5777
- Participants can expect to learn:
- Relaxation techniques to help manage anxiety
- Basic yoga moves to increase strength and flexibility
- Simple meditations that help manage our thoughts
- Techniques for working with healing images.
- Familiarization with the health benefits of each of these practices
Research has demonstrated that the practice of yoga, meditation, relaxation techniques and journal writing have been proven to increase the effectiveness of one’s immune system.
A donation to this event was made by Century Bank